InstructionsUsing the Anagram Solver
Common Screenshot Fixes
Using the Anagram Solver
Type your rack letters into the "Your Letters" field and press "Go" to see a list of high-scoring words to play.Advanced:
- Wildcards: You can type question mark ( ? ) or period ( . ) to indicate a blank tile.
- Board Letters: Enter any tiles from the board, in order, that must be part of each answer.
- Contains: The board letters can be found anywhere in each answer.
- Begins With: The board letters will be at the start of each answer.
- Ends With: The board letters will be at the end of each answer.
- Blank Board Spaces: You can type wildcards to indicate blank spaces on the board. For instance, C?T might find the word CAT.
When using WWF Cheats on your mobile phone or tablet, you can upload a screenshot of the app version of Words With Friends! Sorry desktop users, you must be on your mobile device to use this feature.
- Open Words With Friends 2, Words With Friends Classic, or the Facebook Messenger game "Words With Friends."
- Navigate to a game in progress
- Make sure your game board is fully zoomed out and not covered by anything else on your screen
- Take a screenshot (see below)
- Return to WWF Cheats and tap "Upload Screenshot"
Take screenshots on Android phones and tablets:
Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together for one full second.
(Most Samsung phones use Power and Home instead)
Take screenshots on iOS phones and tablets:
Briefly tap the Power and Home buttons at the same time.
On iPhone X, use Power and Volume Up.
Common Screenshot Fixes
Because computers don't see the world like our human eyes do, it's so important to take a clean screenshot. Below are the most common reasons why screenshots fail to import:
Zoomed-in Game Board
The entire board and tile rack must be visible. Double-tap the game board to zoom back out, then take a new screenshot.
Things Covering Your Screen
Similarly, you might have overlays and user interfaces obscuring your game board or tile rack. Our solver does its best to work around these things, but it can't work miracles. Messenger chat heads, volume sliders, alerts, even app drawers and Samsung's Game Mode badge can all interfere with screenshot importing.
Your Game isn't Up To Date
Check your app store for updates to your games! Our word finder is only designed to work with the latest versions of WWF.
The screenshot importer is only designed for certain games. If your game isn't on the list, it will not import at all. However, you can still use the anagram solver to find answers for many games the board solver isn't intended for!
The screenshot importer uses your entire screenshot to measure things like your game board and tile rack. So long as you're using the official screenshot shortcut instead of a third party screenshot utility or your stylus, then you should be fine.
Turn off all third party screen dimmers before taking your screenshot. Always use the system's own brightness controls. Screen dimmer apps not only fail to actually dim your screen, they waste your battery and interfere with our screenshot importer.
Low Resolution and Low Quality Screenshots
Our WWF cheat officially supports phone displays as low as 480p. Anything below that risks some tiles not getting detected correctly, or sometimes not at all. Additionally, some phones and tablets take JPEG format screenshots instead of the default PNG format. JPEG format destroys image data and may lead to detection issues. Set your device to take PNG screenshots if possible. If this option is not available *coughSamsungcough* please contact your phone's manufacturer.