Using the Anagram Solver
Type your rack letters into the "Your Letters" field and press "Go" to see a list of high-scoring words to play.Advanced:
- Wildcards: You can type question mark ( ? ) or period ( . ) to indicate a blank tile.
- Board Letters: Enter any tiles from the board, in order, that must be part of each answer.
- Contains: The board letters can be found anywhere in each answer.
- Begins With: The board letters will be at the start of each answer.
- Ends With: The board letters will be at the end of each answer.
- Blank Board Spaces: You can type wildcards to indicate blank spaces on the board. For instance, C?T might find the word CAT.
Using the Board Editor
Touch or click on a tile, then begin typing using the virtual keyboard below the game board. The default typing direction is horizontal, but you can select the vertical direction by dragging your finger or mouse cursor vertically. Even if you have vertical selected, and you tap another tile without dragging, the direction will reset to horizontal; this helps iPhone users who would otherwise activate the Back/Forward browser functions accidentally.
On smaller phones, you may find that the direction selection feature will prevent you from scrolling the screen if you drag from the game board. If you need to scroll the screen, try performing either of these techniques:
- Place your finger on the virtual keyboard, and then drag vertically as you normally would.
- If you have at least 1 tile in the tile rack, even if the board is completely empty, press the Solve button. You can return to Edit mode later if you wish.
When using a keyboard, you can hold Ctrl and press an arrow key to select a direction. You can also hold Shift to type a letter that has been resolved from a wildcard, which will be highlighted in red. For the tile rack, you can input an unresolved wildcard by typing question mark ( ? ) or period ( . ).
When using WWF Cheats on your mobile phone or tablet, you can upload a screenshot of the app version of Words With Friends! Sorry desktop users, you must be on your mobile device to use this feature.
- Open Words With Friends 2, Words With Friends Classic, or the Facebook Messenger game "Words With Friends."
- Navigate to a game in progress
- Make sure your game board is fully zoomed out and not covered by anything else on your screen
- Take a screenshot (see below)
- Return to WWF Cheats and tap "Upload Screenshot"
Taking a Screenshot
Take screenshots on Android phones and tablets:
Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together for one full second.
(Most Samsung phones use Power and Home instead)
Take screenshots on iOS phones and tablets:
Briefly tap the Power and Home buttons at the same time.
On iPhone X, use Power and Volume Up.
Things You Should Know
- Completely zoom out before taking a screenshot. This way, the whole board is visible, and Snap Cheats can properly scan every tile.
- Make sure all your playable tiles are on the tile rack, not on the game board. This ensures the results you get are valid.
- Make sure nothing is obscuring the game. Facebook Chat Heads, app trays, and notification pop-ups can all interfere with Snap Cheats.
- Some more common screenshot fixes can be found under Common Screenshot Fixes.
Common Screenshot Fixes
Because computers don't see the world like our human eyes do, it's so important to take a clean screenshot. Below are the most common reasons why screenshots fail to import:
The entire board and tile rack must be visible. Double-tap the game board to zoom back out, then take a new screenshot.
Similarly, you might have overlays and user interfaces obscuring your game board or tile rack. Our solver does its best to work around these things, but it can't work miracles. Messenger chat heads, volume sliders, alerts, even app drawers and Samsung's Game Mode badge can all interfere with screenshot importing.
Check your app store for updates to your games! Our word finder is only designed to work with the latest versions of WWF.
The screenshot importer is only designed for certain games. If your game isn't on the list, it will not import at all. However, you can still use the anagram solver to find answers for many games the board solver isn't intended for!
The screenshot importer uses your entire screenshot to measure things like your game board and tile rack. So long as you're using the official screenshot shortcut instead of a third party screenshot utility or your stylus, then you should be fine.
Turn off all third party screen dimmers before taking your screenshot. Always use the system's own brightness controls. Screen dimmer apps not only fail to actually dim your screen, they waste your battery and interfere with our screenshot importer.
Our WWF cheat officially supports phone displays as low as 480p. Anything below that risks some tiles not getting detected correctly, or sometimes not at all. Additionally, some phones and tablets take JPEG format screenshots instead of the default PNG format. JPEG format destroys image data and may lead to detection issues. Set your device to take PNG screenshots if possible. If this option is not available *coughSamsungcough* please contact your phone's manufacturer.